Starting an adaptive gymnastics program has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. The journey began with the goal of creating an inclusive space where children with special needs could experience the joy of movement, build confidence, and develop physical skills in a supportive environment. It’s amazing to see the progress students make, not only in gymnastics but in their overall self-esteem and communication. By tailoring lessons to meet individual abilities, I’ve witnessed breakthroughs that extend beyond the gym. This program is about more than gymnastics—it's about fostering growth, connection, and empowerment for every child involved. The smiles and achievements of these students remind me every day why this work is so important.
The kids in my adaptive gymnastics program inspire me to keep going every day because of the incredible resilience and joy they bring to the gym. Watching them overcome challenges, whether it’s learning a new skill or simply feeling comfortable in their own skin, fills me with a deep sense of purpose. They remind me that progress is not always measured in big leaps, but in small, meaningful steps. Their determination and happiness are contagious, and seeing them light up when they accomplish something new is the most rewarding part of what I do. These kids show me the true meaning of perseverance and remind me why creating an inclusive, empowering environment is so important.
I have big dreams for expanding my adaptive gymnastics program. I want to reach more children, offering them the opportunity to experience the benefits of movement and confidence-building. Ideally, I’d like to add more classes that cater to a wider range of abilities, including more advanced options for those who are ready to take their skills to the next level. I also hope to collaborate with physical therapists and occupational therapists to provide even more tailored support, ensuring that each child gets the personalized attention they need. Ultimately, I envision growing this program into a community resource, where families can connect, support one another, and celebrate their children’s achievements in a welcoming, inclusive environment.
That's awesome I also one day want to start something like that. I've always had a gift with people with special needs. Those kids always have huge hearts. All they want is some attention and that just makes their day. Keep doing what you're doing!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing. I love what you are doing with those kids. They will never forget it. It is awesome that they get to be a part of gymnastics with your help. I really hope that you continue to do what you are doing with your program. Programs like yours helps to remind people that anything is possible.
ReplyDeleteAlaizia, this is incredible! Your passion really came through with this post. It's very clear you absolutely love what you do- I know you're making a huge impact on these kids. You mentioned that seeing them overcome challenges gives you a feeling of having purpose, and that's just awesome. It's so important to me that my future career fulfills me, rather than drains me. It's refreshing to see when people really, truly, love what they do- rather than just working to live.
ReplyDelete